For those of you who are requesting to have special Pokemon (with special events of course), I won’t ask for monetary donations or any donation, you should only give me the following information and file:
Let us use Charizard for example.
1. You should give me the Pokemon’s name. If this Pokemon can evolve, the files and information needed are three times more (or two times, depending how many times they evolve.)
2. If it evolves, give me the level (or method) of evolving it. For Charizard, it evolves from Charmeleon at Level 36, other Pokemon requires special item to evolve, for example, an Eevee needs a Thunderstone to evolve to Jolteon, or max happiness at night to become an Espeon. I need that information.
3. Movesets. What moves, TMs and HMs they are capable for learning, and what moves do they learn at certain levels.
4. Pokedex entries. Their weight, height, footprint looks, description and base statistics.
5. Overworld sprite. An example of an overworld sprite is shown below (click to view the picture)
This image should be 128×128 px minimum and the sprite size must speak of its actual size (you don’t want to a big legendary Pokemon in actual size to look smaller than the player character when they are walking outside, or overworld). Note the difference with the feet and wings positions.
There are rare occasion where Pokemon appears to be shiny, or they are alternately colored. The standard alternate color for a Charizard is shown below (click to view the picture)
Same size, but different color. Since you are doing a new Pokemon, you can color them whatever you want.
Take note that the file extension must be PNG, and all white spaces are transparent.
6. Battle sprites. For your enemy sprite, you should do a GIF animation file, with at least 40 frames so that a clear animation could be seen.
This sprite can have any width size, but height should not be more than 200 pixels.
For the shiny sprite, the color should be similar to your shiny overworld sprite, of course.
They have the same frame number and animation sequence, the difference is that they have different color. Note that shiny Pokemon have very very small probability to appear in the wild, or as an egg, except for naturally-occuring events, such as shiny Gyarados (red) where the Gyarados needs to be red, rather than blue.
7. Back sprites. These are the sprites that appear in the screen, as if it is your Pokemon. For example, you have Charizard, it must appear like this:
Note that there are animation differences, but they are still almost the same. Width size should be larger than the sprite facing you (to show that this Pokemon is nearer to you, and height size should be larger as well.
For the shiny sprite,
8. Pokedex icons. For the next image, this needs to be PNG and the same transparency as the overworld sprite. Size should be 128×64 pixels, and although these two icons don’t look the same, they still needs to be a little different. For example the image below shows a Charizard: the right image has lower head and wings slightly leaned outward. When it is animated in the Pokedex, it reads the first image, then second, at a very fast interval, such that it looks like an animated icon (click to view the picture)
9. Trainer overworlds. For the trainer characters, you need to do the same for the overworlds except that the size should be 128×92 pixels. There are no shiny sprites, of course (click to view the picture)
10. Battle sprites. For the sprites during a match, maximum size should be 128×46 pixels and should match the overworld sprite (click to view the picture)
12. VS icon. If your character trainer-to-be holds a special role in the game, for example, he is a rival, or a gym leader, an E4 member, or the Champion, or leader of the syndicate group or just a very special trainer, he needs to have a VS (or versus sprite). VS sprites are introduced in HGSS Gen 4, only for Gym Leaders, and was re-imagined in BW for all special trainers (click to view the picture)
Maximum size should be 256 x 128 pixels and in PNG format.
13. VS transition bar. These are the backgrounds for the VS sprite. They are automatically animated and should only be in PNG (click to view the picture)
Maximum size is also 256 x 128 pixels