March 23, 2013
Hello everybody! The end of semester is near and I’m cramming too much. Now, I’m going to post some spoilers.
- I mentioned a list of gyms before, and I’m going to reveal the sequence as follows, and their official name, too!: Maricar, Mark, Louie, Dominique, Brawley, Norman, Ello and Peach. All except Brawley and Norman are named from real-life persons.
- Elite Four and the Champion names are complete: for the E4, we have Alexu, Beverly, Sedrik and Maxine, and champion Flannery. Remember that Flannery is Lavaridge Gym Leader in RSE.
- For those of you who availed alpha releases v.1.0 and v.1.1, take note that the first rival Gary is remastered and his name is no longer Gary anymore and this rival is no longer connected with Oak. I forgot that Gary is no longer a Pokemon trainer (according to PKMN Diamond & Pearl series) and it is so pointless to use him as rival again and again and again.
- Many of the town layouts are remastered. Your hometown is no longer Florena Town, rather a much much larger town called Umpissa Town. Florena Town’s name has no proper etymology, unlike Umpissa Town came from Tagalog word for “start”. Make sense, though.
- I have created a thrill at the start of the game, but the idea right now is that you won’t start at your room like the official games did.
- Green spaces, yes, I call them green spaces (they are the walkable surfaces that are more than 5 tiles in length or width) in Verdanturf Town, Mauville City and Florena Town (now Umpissa Town) are fixed and filled with more interesting, interactable objects.
- Oak’s Umpissa Town Laboratory was also redesigned, so that it is no longer a representative of his Kanto laboratory.
- New trainer sprites are added, and audio mixes are fixed.
- I have no additional maps except that of Route 116 (which I reported earlier) because I tweaked the scripts and codes this week. Well, the result of the tweakings went good although around 80% of all in-battle animations are not yet done.
- The title card is around 70% done. Yay! Sequence, pictures and texts.
- And the title is no longer the beta one, but Pokémon Purple Emerald!